Dry Ice Cleaning is a form of non-abrasive blasting, where dry ice, the solid form of carbon dioxide is accelerated in a pressurized air stream and directed at a surface in order to clean it. Dry Ice cleaning leaves no chemical residue as dry ice sublimates at room temperature.
The scope for the use of Dry ice is extensive. In particular, this technology is widespread in industrial cleaning.
Advantages of the technology of cleaning with Dry ice:
- Cost saving: sublimation of Dry ice does not require subsequent utilization of the cleaning agent;
- Simplicity: there is no need for dismantling the parts;
- Extension of life of the equipment, since Dry ice is non-abrasive material, it does not damage the cleaning surface;
- Dry process: as opposed to steam or water cleaning;
- Ecological safety for the environment.
The range of use of Dry ice cleaning technology is huge and can be demonstrated by a few examples:
- Forms and equipment for the production of tires, polyurethane foam;
- Forms and equipment for the plastics industry;
- Automotive industry;
- Forms for the production of bread, pastries, waffles, etc.;
- Printing machines;
- Electric motors, electric panels;
- Casting of aluminum and much more.
To start working you need:
- Dry ice pellets.
- The source of compressed air with a capacity of no less than 7 m3 / min.
- Equipment for the cleaning with Dry ice (blaster).
- Special clothing, eye and ear protection means.
In Kaliningrad the technology of cleaning with Dry ice is used:
- Electric Power Supply JSC "Yantarenergo"
- Kaliningrad Philharmonic Hall
- LLC "McDonald's", LLC "Novyj gorod", LLC "Kreser" and many others.